Here are some vocabulary words that you will hear:
ìthrough the roofî
Rising IQ Test Scores
1. By how much have IQ scores been rising? (1)
2. On which kinds of tests have the scores been going up even faster?
By how much have scores on these tests gone up? (2)
3. T / F The questions asked on the exams have changed over the years.
4. How much better would you do on an a test from the 1930s than a test
given last year? (1)
5. Except for "increasing exposure to visual media", what are three
other possible reasons why people are doing better on IQ tests now? (3)
6. Give examples how our exposure to visual media has been increasing
over the years. (2)
7. What did the listening say about the effect of videogames on children?
8. Does the rise in test scores indicate that our general intelligence
is better than before? Explain. (1)
9. What are three kinds of intelligences mentioned at the end of the
Once you have attempted
to answer the questions, click here
to see the answers. I will put the answers up later.