Here are some vocabulary words that you will hear:
AP - Associated Press - a news service
to charge s.o. with a crime
1. How much in compensatory damages was the woman who spilled coffee on her lap awarded?
2. How much in punitive damages?
3. How hot was the coffee?
4. What degree of burns did the woman have?
5. What percent of her body was burned?
6. How many complaints had McDonald's received?
7. Over how many years?
8. How many minutes of fame did the sheriff have?
9. What was the temperature on the day of the fair?
10. How old were the twin boys?
11. What two things did the nurse notice was strange about the appearance
of the little boy?
12. What was unusual about the boy's lung?
13. What criticism does the sheriff have about the media?
Once you have attempted
to answer the questions, click here
to see the transcript.