Here are some vocabulary words that you will hear:
1. What two kinds of birds are used to monitor the spread of West Nile
2. What are these birds used?
3. Who should you call if you find a dead bird?
4. What are some of the questions they may ask you?
5. What happens if you answer yes to any of these questions?
6. Why don't they test every bird in Ontario? (There are several reasons.)
7. What should you do if you find a bird on the weekend and you cannot contact the inspectors?
8. How should you handle the bird?
9. The tests are done at a veterinary college. Where is the actual lab and why?
10. What kinds of tests are done?
11. Why is the lab interested in other birds as well?
12. What happened at the Toronto Zoo?
13. If you don't want to bury a dead bird that you find, what else can you do?
Once you have attempted
to answer the questions, click here to
see the answers.