Up: Freeware with source code
- ALADDIN is a computational toolkit for matrices.
ALADDIN views Finite Element Analysis as a specialised matrix computation.
- The ALADDIN developers are Mark Austin, Xiaoguang Chen, and Wane-Jang Lin.
- Source code is available after registration from
ALADDIN web site.
- ALADDIN has been tested on a SUN
SPARCstation, DECstation 5000, and IBM RS/6000.
- ALADDIN is being developed at the Institute for Systems
Research, University of Maryland, College Park, USA, under the financial
sponsorship of the Federal Highway Administration and the National Science
Foundation. ALADDIN includes a mesh generation package. The ALADDIN finite
element library currently comprises elements for plane stress/strain,
2D beam/column analysis, 3D truss analysis, DKQ plate analysis, and a
variety of shell finite elements.
Roger Young and Ian MacPhedran