Up: SHAREWARE or no source
FRANC3D (with BEM, OSM)
- A workstation based FRacture ANalysis Code
for simulating arbitrary crack growth.
- The Cornell Fracture Group led by
- The binaries and manual and further information
are available from from
- A variety, including HP, SUN, DEC Alpha, IBM and SGI
- The software includes OSM, a solid modelling tool for
building geometries for FRANC3D, and BEM, a 3D BEM code that can be used
with FRANC3D. The GUI includes windows for display of the 3D structure
and a menu/dialogue-box system for interacting with the program. User manual
available. FRANC3D can be used in conjunction with any 3D BEM or FEM code
capable of handling arbitrary crack geometries. Source code may be available on request.
- Boundary element method. Elasticity.
Roger Young and Ian MacPhedran