- Gmsh is a 3D meshing program. Line, surface and
volume meshing are available, using lines, triangles and tetrahedra.
- Christophe Geuzaine
- Several UNIX systems, including Linux, Solaris, Tru64,
AIX, HPUX, Mac OS X and IRIX. Also available on Windows 95/98/NT.
- Via the web page at
- Requires the OpenGL library.
- Also does post processing of scalar or vector fields.
- Released under the GPL
- Complete reference manual is available
- the code can be compiled natively on Mac OS X (in addition to Windows
- Gmsh provides its own scriptable CAD engine and post-processor;
- meshes can now also be generated by extrusion (i.e. generate
quadrilaterals, hexahedra and prisms).
- See also GetDP.
Roger Young and Ian MacPhedran