- Smith and Griffiths (1988), Programming the Finite
Element Method, Wiley.
- F77 subroutine library and 50 example programs with
geomechanical applications. Includes material non-linearities.
- From the book, or from the FTP site
(program feprogs.zip). The f90
code for the 3'rd edition (expected publication date mid-1997) can
be found in the directory fe_book.1997.
- The F77 code has been compiled on `just about everything':
eg PC, HP's, Crays, Vaxen, VPX, Cybers, Prime etc.
- The examples include problems in: static equilibrium of
structures, static equilibrium of linear elastic solids, material
non-linearity, steady state flow /uncoupled and coupled transient
problems, eigenvalue problems, forced vibrations /analysis of piles.
This FTP site
also contains a stand-alone mesh generator and PC-based postprocessor
(DANMESH and DANPLOT respectively). See DANSOFT (qv)
for more information.
Roger Young and Ian MacPhedran