Up: Finite Volume Method
- A toolkit for multi-physics computational
continuum mechanics modelling based on three dimensional unstructured
meshes using finite volume / finite element techniques.
- The Centre for Numerical Modelling and Process Analysis
at the University of Greenwich, email
- Has been tested on Sun, SGI,
IBM (RS and SP), DEC, Cray, Intel PC (Linux, DOS, NT)
- Although previously free, PHYSICA licenses are now provided on a fee basis.
For more information see the Physica homepage
- PHYSICA has been developed for the simulation of complex
processes that may involve coupling between different physical
PHYSICA modules such as CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and CSM
(Computational Solid Mechanics) may be used in isolation or as part of
larger models. User-supplied modules (FE or FV) enhance the flexibility
This code will be parallel, available as PVM, MPI, ctoolset or Cray shmem.
Roger Young and Ian MacPhedran