|Course Notes Page
To Home Page
The links below will allow you to access tab-delimited files containing various flashcard drills for use with the Athenaze text.
Flashcards covering the basic learning vocabulary are also available on the Athenaze OUP website.
These files were created to generate flashcard drills via the Flashcards Deluxe application, for use on an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. The most effective way to employ these cards is to simply download them onto your device via the Flashcards Deluxe application. (Once you have downloaded the Flashcards Deluxe application onto your device, click on "+" to add stacks, then select "Shared Library," then "Search." My stacks all begin with the title "Athenaze.")
Those of you who do not have access to this particular technology, or who prefer to employ another application, should be able to generate your own cards using the files below: there are a number of flashcard applications available on the Internet, many of them free of charge.
The advantages of the Flashcards Deluxe application include:
- an attractive and easy-to-use interface;
- the ability to review cards:
- in random order;
- in random order but with emphasis on those cards you mark as difficult;
- with an initial set, to which the program will add additional cards as you master the ones before you;
- limited according to various sets of pre-defined categories (particular sections of the book, particular types of nouns/verbs, particular forms);
- the ability to select which side of the card you see first, or to mix the order at random
- the ability to edit and add to the cards in an existing set
- the ability to generate your own sets of custom-made cards with relatively little effort
Note: the files below contain unicode Greek text generated by GreekKeys.
This font may pose challenges to those of you who do not have access to GreekKeys, and to some flashcard generators.
For a useful list of Greek fonts currently available, see the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG) website.
Top of Page : Course Notes Page : Home Page
These pages were designed by John Porter.