To Home Page
To Latin 112/113 Page
Key to Worksheet for Reading Latin 1A
John Porter, University of Saskatchewan
Translate into idiomatic Latin.
- The slaves (male) fear the cooks.
servi coquos timent.
- We are hiding the pots.
- A slave woman, that is what Staphyla is.
serva est Staphyla.
- Do they have a pot full of garlands?
aulam coronarum plenam habent?
- Do you (sg.) have the garland?
- The slave women live in the house.
servae in aedibus habitant.
- You are cooks.
- I am hiding my daughter in the pot.
filiam in aula celo.
- The cooks and the slave women enter into the pot.
coqui et servae in aulam intrant.
- Does he love Demaenetus' daughter?
filiam Demaeneti amat?
Give the appropriate form.
- slave women (dat.)
- you (pl.) are calling
- under the pot
- stage (dat.)
- onto the garland
- she carries
- slave men (abl.)
- we are shouting
- toward the stage
- daughters (acc.)
Top of Page
: Latin 112/113 Page : Home Page
These pages were designed by John Porter.
Last Modified: Sunday, 04-Sep-2016 17:44:58 CST
Please send queries and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.