To Home Page
To Latin 112/113 Page
Latin 112: Key to Mock Quiz #2 for Reading Latin 2A
A. Give the Latin for the following.
- two hands (gen.)
- he will write
- she prefers
- sharp knife (acc.)
- 3000 nights (nom.)
tria milia noctium
- to refuse
- you (pl.) will mock
- our expenses (acc.)
sumptus nostros / sumptum nostrum
- they will be able
- you (pl.) will capture
- your (pl.) job/duty (nom.)
- to be able
- I will give back
- three moons (dat.)
- they will bind
- we will refuse
- you (sg.) will bear/carry [not porto]
- eight houses (abl.) [not aedes]
- they will annoy
- swift mob (nom.)
B. Translate the following into idiomatic Latin.
- 1. The bold mistress will never be able to take away the rich man's coins.
amica audax nummos diviti numquam auferre poterit.
- Your (pl.) sons, (being) young men of no self-control, prefer to marry the daughters of wicked citizens.
filii vestri, iuvenes nulla continentia, filias civium malorum domum ducere malunt.
- 3. Do you (sg.) refuse to trust our plans?
tune consiliis nostris credere non vis?
Top of Page
: Latin 112/113 Page : Home Page
These pages were designed by John Porter.
Last Modified: Thursday, 04-Nov-2010 19:57:00 CST
Please send queries and comments to email@example.com.