To Home Page
To Latin 112/113 Page
Worksheet for Reading Latin 3B
Give the appropriate forms.
- you (fem. pl.) forgot
- it will happen
- we (masc.) got / acquired
- you (fem. sg.) have dared
- it seemed
- I (masc.) grew angry
- they (fem.) became
- having followed (fem. pl. nom.)
- you (masc. sg.) promised [do not use promitto]
- we (masc.) dared
- he becomes
- having set out (masc. sg. dat.)
- he spoke [do not use dico]
- having lied / spoken falsehoods (fem. pl. gen.)
- they (masc.) threatened
Translate the following into idiomatic Latin.
- Don't kill yourselves!
- They enemy will not ever surrender their own citizens.
- Having set out from camp, the cavalry followed the legion.
- They addressed themselves bravely.
- They captured the soldier after he had endured many misfortunes.
- After he had pondered for three hours, he seemed to grow angry.
- She refused to give herself a dowry.
- At last the general sent the girls home because they had told many lies.
- Does he love his [i.e., someone else's] daughter more than [he loves] his own mother? ["more than" = plus quam]
- She is more like me than [she is like] herself. [two versions]
Top of Page
: Latin 112/113 Page : Home Page
These pages were designed by John Porter.
Last Modified: Monday, 08-May-2006 16:10:36 CST
Please send queries and comments to email@example.com.