To Home Page
To Latin 112/113 Page
Worksheet for Reading Latin 4D
Translate the following into idiomatic Latin.
- While Brutus was praetor, the pirates were smitten/killed with an axe at Syracuse.
- The statues had been removed from the temple by certain slaves of Verres at night.
- Everyone realized that they (i.e., some others) had been killed by the pirates.
- At Rome, no one used to be commanded to spare slaves.
- Everyone realized that they (i.e., the same people) would be killed by the pirates.
- When these things had been heard by all, the consul himself was defended by no one.
(Consider carefully how a Roman would most naturally express the initial subordinate clause here.)
- Some people were being captured in one place, others in another.
- Some will say that these things were done out of fear.
- The senate agreed/voted that the enemy would be bound and held at Lilybaeum.
- (The person) who has been loved, will love others.
Top of Page
: Latin 112/113 Page : Home Page
These pages were designed by John Porter.
Last Modified: Monday, 08-May-2006 16:10:36 CST
Please send queries and comments to email@example.com.