Refereed Journal Articles (Selected)
1. W.J. Zhang, J.W. Wang, 2016. Design theory and methodology for enterprise systems (Editorial). Enterprise Information Systems. Vol. 10, Issue 3, 245-248. PDF
2. Zhang, WJ, Luttervelt, van, CA, 2011. Towards a Resilient Manufacturing System. Annals of CIRP, 60:469-472. PDF
3. Wang, J.W., Zhang, W.J., Ip, W.H., 2010. An integrated road construction and resource planning approach to the evacuation of victims from single source to multiple destinations. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, 11(2): 277-289. PDF
4. Dong Liu, Ralph Deters, W.J. Zhang, 2009. Architectural Design for Resilience. Enterprise Information Systems, 4(2):137-152. PDF
5. Zhang, W.J., Lin Y., 2010. Principles of Design of Resilient Systems and its Application to Enterprise Information Systems. Enterprise Information Systems, 4(2): 99-110. PDF
6. Hong, T, Wang, ZD, Tu, SD, and Zhang, WJ, 2008. Experimental Study on three General Interface Layout Designs. Machine Design and Study (in Chinese). 24 (5), page: 79-82.
7. Zhang, WJ, 2009. Double Meaning. Letters to Editor, ASME Mechanical Engineering, 131(5): 8 (April).
Li, X.B. Chen, Qi An,
9. Emodi, T and Zhang, WJ, 2008. Injury analysis in assembly and production lines: a state of the art review. Ergnomia: International Journal of Ergonomics and Human Factors, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 11-38.
10. X.B. Chen, Q.S. Zhang, D. Kang, and W.J. Zhang, 2008. On the dynamics of piezo-actuated positioning systems. Review of Scientific Instrument, 79 116101. PDF
JW, Yang, GS, Zhan, W.J., and
12. Ouyang, P., Zhang, W.J., and Gupta, M.M., 2008. A New Compliant Mechanical Amplifier based on a Symmetric Five-bar Topology, ASME J of Mechanical Design, 130 (10), 104501 (5 pages), August.
13. Wan, JW and WJ Zhang, 2008. A New Method of Determination of Indoor Temperature and Relative Humidity with Consideration of Human Thermal Comfort. Building and Environment, 44 (2008), pp 411-417.
14. X.C. Wu, W.J. Zhang, R. Symm et al., 2009. Measurement of low concentration and nano-quantity hydrogen sulfide in sera using unfunctionalized carbon nanotubes. Measurement Science and Technology, 20 105801 (6pp). doi: 10.1088/0957-0233/20/10/105801 (October). PDF
15. J.W. Li, W.J. Zhang, G.S. Yang, S.D. Tu, and X.B. Chen, 2008. Thermal error modeling for complex physical systems: the state of arts review. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. (Online: September 2008). PDF
16. JW Wan, WJ Zhang, and D. Bergstrom, 2009. Numerical Modeling for the Underfill Flow in Flip-Chip Packaging with a General-Purpose Finite Element Program. IEEE Transactions on Advanced Electronics Packaging, 32 (2), June. Pp. 227-234. PDF
17. Y. Lin, Zhang, WJ, C. Wu, J. Dy, and G.S. Yang, 2009. An approach to computing human attention allocation using eyegaze tracking technique. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 67 (455-463). PDF
Ouyang, R. Clement, W.J. Zhang, and
G.S. Yang, 2007. Micro Motion Devices Technology: the State of
19. X.C. Wu, W.J. Zhang, D.Q. Wu, R. Sammynaiken, R. Wang, and Q. Yang, 2006. Using Carbon Nanotubes To Absorb Low Concentration Hydrogen Sulfide In Fluid, IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience, 5(3), 204-9. PDF
20. X.C. Wu, R. Sammynaiken, W.J. Zhang, D.Q. Wu, R. Wang, and Q. Yang, 2006. Measurement of low concentration and nano quantity hydrogen sulfide in aqueous solution: measurement mechanisms and limitations. Measurement Science and Technology, 18: 1315-1320. PDF
21. F.X. Wu, Zhang, W.J., and Kusalik, Anthony J., 2006. Determination of the Minimum Number of Microarray Experiments for Discovery of Gene Expression Patterns. BMC Bioinformatics (Impact Factor: 4.96) 7 (Suppl 4): S13, December.
22. JW Wan, W.J. Zhang, and D. Bergstrom, 2006. Recent Advances in Modeling the Underfill Process in Flip-Chip Packaging, Microelectronics Journal, 38 (November 2006): 67-75. PDF
23. He, P, W.J. Zhang, and Q. Li, 2005. Some Further Development on the Eigensystem Approach for Graph Isomorphism Detection. Journal of the Franklin Institute (SCI), 342: 657-673. PDF
24. J.W. Wan, W.J. Zhang, and D. Bergstrom, 2005. Influence of Transient Flow and Solder Bump Resistance on Underfill Process. Microelectronics Journal (SCI), July, 36, 687-693. PDF
25. P.R. Ouyang, W.J. Zhang, and Madan M. Gupta, 2006. An Adaptive Switching Learning Control Method for Trajectory Tracking of Robot Manipulators. International Journal of Mechatronics, 16, 51-61. PDF
26. X.B. Chen, G. Schoenau, and W.J. Zhang, 2005. Modeling and Control of Time-Pressure Dispensing processes for Surface Mount Technology. IEEE/AMSE Transaction on Mechatronics, 10(3), pp. 326-334 (June).
27. F.X. Wu, G.G. Poirier, and W.J. Zhang, 2005. Inferring Gene Regulatory Networks with Time Delays Using Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Systems Biology, Vol. 152 (2): 67-74.
Wan, W.J. Zhang, and D.J. Bergstrom, 2005. An Analytical Model for Predicting
the Underfill Flow Characteristics in Flip-Chip
Encapsulation. IEEE Transaction on Advanced Packaging,
29. F.X. Wu, WJ Zhang, and AJ Kusalik, 2004. State-space model with time delays for gene regulatory networks. Journal of biological Systems, 12 (4): pp. 483-500 (December). PDF
30. F.X. Wu, WJ Zhang, and AJ Kusalik, 2005. Dynamic model-based clustering for time-course gene expression data. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, 3(4), 821-836.
31. B. Zettl, W. Szyszkowski, and W.J. Zhang, 2005. Accurate low DOF modelling of a planar compliant mechanism with flexural hinges: the equivalent beam methodology, J. of Precision Engineering, 29(2), pp. 237-245. PDF
32. B. Zettl, W. Szyszkowski, and W.J. Zhang, 2004. On the FEM modelling of right circular flexure hinges, ASME J. of Mechanical Design, 127, 782-787., July. PDF
33. Wu. F.X., W.J. Zhang, Q. Li, and P. Ouyang, 2004. Control of hybrid machines with 2-DOF for trajectory tracking problems, IEEE Trans on control systems technology, 13(2), 338-342 (March). PDF
34. Ouyang, P, Q. Li, W.J. Zhang, and L.S. Guo, 2004. Design, Modelling and Control of a Hybrid Machine, Journal of Mechatronics, November, 14: 1197-1217. PDF
35. M. Mohammad, W. Szyszkowski, and W.J. Zhang, Analysis and development of a tunable fiber Bragg grating filter based on axial tension/compression, IEEE Journal of Light wave Technology, September, 22(8): 2001-2003.
36. Ouyang, P. and W.J. Zhang, 2004. Force Balancing of Robotic Mechanisms based on Adjustment of Kinematic Parameters, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 127, No. 3, pp. 433-440. PDF
37. Y. Lin, P. Tang, W.J. Zhang, and Q. Yu, 2005. Artificial Neural Network Modeling of Driver Handling Behavior in a Driver-Vehicle-Environment System, Int. J of Vehicle Design, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 24-45. PDF
38. J.W. Wan, W.J. Zhang, D. Torvi, and F.X. Wu, 2004. An Analysis of Two-Heater Active Thermal Control Technology for Device Class Testing, IEEE Transaction on Electronics Packaging, Vol. 27, No.3, September.
39. Y. Lin and W.J. Zhang, 2004. Effective Attention Allocation Behavior and its Measurement: A Preliminary Study, International Journal of Interacting with Computers, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp 1195-1210. PDF
40. Y. Lin and WJ. Zhang, 2005. A New Interface Design Framework for Power Plants: IEEE Transaction on Nuclear Sciences, 52(1): 430-439.
41. P. He, W.J. Zhang, Q. Li, and F.X. Wu, 2003. A New Method for Detection of Graph Isomorphism Based on the Quadratic Form, ASME Trans. J. of Mechanical Design, Vol. 125, pp. 640-642, September.
42. Q. Zhu and W.J. Zhang, 2003. A preliminary nonlinear analysis of the axial transient response of the sector-shaped hydrodynamic thrust bearing-rotor system, AMSE Trans J. of Tribology, October, Vol. 125, 1-5.
43. Zhang, W.J. (invited), 2002. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 37(6), 639-640.
44. P. Ouyang, Q. Li, and W.J. Zhang, 2003. An integrated approach for force balancing and trajectory tracking for controllable mechanisms, J. of Mechatronics, Vol. 13, 887-905. PDF
45. Y. Lin and W.J. Zhang, 2004. Towards a novel interface design framework: function-behavior-state paradigm, International Journal of Human Computer Studies, Vol. 61, Issue 3, pp. 259-297. PDF
Lin, W.J. Zhang, and G. Watson, 2003. Using Eye Movement Parameters for
Evaluating Human-Machine Interface Frameworks under
47. R. Jiang, W.J. Zhang, and P. Ji, 2004. Selecting the Best Alternative Based on LCC Distributions of Alternatives, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol: 89, Issue: 1, May, pp. 69-75.
48. X.B. Chen, W.J. Zhang, G. Schoenau, and B. Surgenor, 2003. Off-Line Control of Time-Pressure Dispensing Processes for Electronic Packaging, IEEE Trans on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, Vol.26, No.4, October.
Jiang, W.J. Zhang, and P. Ji, 2003. Required characteristics of models
for LCC estimation and proposal of two new models, International Journal of
Production Economics. 83 (2): 185-194
50. Z. M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, and W.Y. Ma, 2003. Extending Object-Oriented Database for Fuzzy Information Modeling, Journal of Information Systems, 29(5): 421-435 (2004).
51. Y. Wang, HME Cheung, and WJ Zhang, 2002. Finite element modeling of geared multi-body system, Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, Nov, 2002; 18 (11): 765-778.
52. F. X. Wu, W. J. Zhang, Q. Li and P.R. Ouyang, 2002. “Integrated Design and PD Control of High Speed Closed-loop Mechanisms,” ASME Trans. J of Dynamics, Measurement and Control, Vol. 124 (December), 522-528.
53. W.J. Zhang, J. Zou, G. Watson, W. Zhao, G.H. Zong, and S.S. Bi, 2002. Constant-Jacobian Method for Kinematics of a 3-DOF Planar Micro-Motion Stage, J of Robotic Systems, 19(2), pp. 63-79, April.
54. XF, Zha, LL Li, and WJ Zhang, 2002. A knowledge Petri net model for flexible manufacturing systems and its application for design and verification of FMS controllers, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, May-June, 2002; 15(3), 242-264.
55. X.B. Chen, G. Schoenau, and W.J. Zhang, 2002. On the Flow Rate Dynamics in Time-Pressure Dispensing Processes, ASME Trans., Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 124 (December), 693-697.
Chu, S.K. Tso, W.J. Zhang, and Q. Li, 2002. Partnership Synthesis for
57. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, and W.Y. Ma, 2002. Extending IDEF1X to model fuzzy data, J. of Intelligent Manufacturing, 13(4): 25-34. August.
58. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, W.Y. Ma, and F. Mili, 2002. Data dependencies in extended possibility-based fuzzy relational databases, Int. J. of Intelligent Systems,17 (3), 319-330, February.
59. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, and F. Mili, 2002. Fuzzy data compression based no data dependencies, Int. J. of Intelligent Systems, 17 (4), 407-424, February.
60. Wang Y, Cheung HME, and Zhang WJ, 2001. 3D dynamic modeling of spatial geared systems, Non-Linear Dynamics, 26 (4): 371-391, DEC 2001.
Li, W.J. Zhang, and L. Chen, 2001. Design for Control (DFC): a Concurrent
Engineering Approach for Mechatronic System Design, IEEE/ASME Trans on
62. Z.M. Bi, W.J. Zhang, 2001. Flexible Fixture Design and Automation: Issues and Research Directions, Int. J. of Production Research, Vol.39, No.13, pp. 2867-2894.
63. Z.M. Bi and W.J. Zhang, 2001. Concurrent Optimal Design of Modular Robotic Configuration, J. of Robotic Systems, 18(2), February, 77-88.
64. Zhao, X.D., Xie, J.X., and Zhang, W.J., 2001. The impact of information sharing and ordering co-ordination on supply chain performance, Int. J. of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 7, Nr.1, 24-40, February.
65. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, W.Y. Ma, and C. Chen, 2001. Conceptual design of fuzzy object-oriented databases using extended entity-relationship model, Int. J. of Intelligent Systems, 16(6), 697-711 (May).
66. L.S. Guo and W.J. Zhang, 2001. Kinematic analysis of eccentric planetary gear trains and its application in agricultural machinery, Mechanism and Machine Theory, November, Vol. 36 / 11-12, pp. 1175-1188.
67. Wang Y., W.J. Zhang, E.M Cheung, 2001. A finite element approach to dynamic modeling of flexible spatial link-gear systems, Mechanisms and Machine Theory, 36(4), pp. 469-487, March.
68. Q. Zhu and W.J. Zhang, 2002. Investigation on Application of Boundary Element Method to Archimedean Spiral Grooved Thrust Oil Bearing, ASME Trans J. Tribology, Vol. 122/July, pp. 565-572.
69. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, and W.Y. Ma, 2000. Semantic Measure of Fuzzy Data in Extended Possibility-Based Fuzzy Relational Databases, Int. J. of Intelligent Systems, Vol.15, 705-716, June.
70. Z.M. Ma, W.J. Zhang, and W.Y. Ma, 1999. Assessment of data redundancy in fuzzy relational database based on semantic inclusion degree, Int. J. of Information Processing Letter, Vol.72, No.1-2, 25-29, September.
and Q. Li, 1999. Information Modelling for Made-to-Order Virtual
72. Q. Li, W.J. Zhang, and S.K. Tso, 2000. Generalization of Strategies for Product Data Modeling with Special Reference to Instance-As-Type Problem, Computers in Industry, 41(1), 25-34, January.
73. X.B. Chen, G. Schoenau, and W.J. Zhang, 2000. Modeling of Time-Pressure Fluid Dispensing Processes, IEEE Trans on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, 23 (4), pp. 300-305.
74. Z.M. Bi, W.J. Zhang, and Q. Li, 2000. A software environment for the FMS control software testing, Proc. Instn Mech Engrs Part B, J. of Engineering Manufacturing, Vol. 215, pp. 339-352.
75. Z.M. Bi and W.J. Zhang, 2001. Modularity Technology in Manufacture Environment: Taxonomy and Issue, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 18, pp. 381-390.
76. Zhang W.J., Q. Li, Z.M. Bi, and X.F. Zha, 2000. A generic Petri Net model for flexible manufacturing systems and its use for FMS control software testing, Int. J. of Production Research, 38(5), February, pp. 1109-1132. PDF
77. Zhang W.J. and Q. Li, 1999. On a New Approach to Mechanism Topology Identification, ASME Transaction, J. of Mechanical Design, Vol. 121, No.1.March, pp. 57-64.
78. Wang Y. and Zhang W.J., 1998. "Stochastic Vibration Model of Gear Transmission Systems Considering Speed-dependent Random Errors", Int. Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos in Engineering Systems, v.17, n.2, pp.187-203, October.
79. F.G. Kong, Q. Li, and Zhang W.J., 1999. An artificial neural network approach to mechanism kinematical chain identification, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol.34, No.5, pp. 271-283, January.
80. Zhang W.J., 1997. On the finding of the spatial linkage with constant pressure angle, Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 32, No.8, pp. 933-940.
81. Zhang W.J. and Werff van der K., 1997. Automatic communication from a neutral object model of mechanisms to mechanism analysis program system based on a finite element approach, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 28(3): 209-240.
82. Zhang W.J., Li Q., and S.L. Guo, 1999. Integrated Design of Mechanical Structure and Control Algorithm for a Programmable Four-Bar Linkage, IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, 4(4), 354-362, Dec.
83. Q. Li, S.K. Tso, L.S. Guo, and W.J. Zhang, 2000. Improving motion tracking of servomotor driven closed loop mechanisms using mass-redistribution, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 35 (7), May, 1033-1045.
84. Q. Li, S.K. Tso, and W.J. Zhang, 1998. Trajectory tracking control of robot manipulators using a neural-network-based torque-compensator, Proceedings of I. Mech. E, Part I, J. of System and Control, Vol. 212, 361-372, December.
W. J. Zhang and
X.B. Chen, 2000. Mechatronics Design for a Programmable Four-bar Mechanism, Proceedings
86. Zhang W.J. and Luttervelt van C.A., 1995a. On the support of computer-aided design process management: concept and implementation, Annals of the CIRP, Vol.44/1, 105-109.
87. Zhang W.J., Werff van der K., and Luttervelt van C.A. 1993a. A generic mechanism model for use in a CIM environment for the development of mechanized production machines, Annals of the CIRP, Vol.42/1, 135-138.
88. Zhang W.J. and Zhang D., 1993b. Conditions of crank existence for a particular case of the RSSR linkage, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 28 (6): 845-850.
1993c. Some properties and their discussions on the limit values of pressure
angle and positions of maximal pressure angle of spatial RSSR linkage, Mechanism
and Machine Theory, 28(4): 593-599.